forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Recommendations for URL-based i18n like at www.verit.de?
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 09:49:13 GMT

> ...I guess, since David has you up and running with this use case we will
> put the improvement if i18n handling on hold. Current solution works for
> you and I am limited on time right now...

I think my use-case will work fine once the i18n stuff is more
configurable (to decide what specifies the locale) and more
consistent.

I've been experimenting with a kind of local URL rewriting in my
project's sitemap.xmap to replace the "Apache magic" mentioned by
Torsten Stolpmann, and it looks like it would work but then I had
other problems due to the i18n locale detection configuration not
being the one I need.

About the consistency bit: currently there are several instances of
LocaleAction, for example, configured in various places. Moving to a
single instance configured in the main sitemap, and using the same
config for the LocaleMatcher, should ensure consistent behavior.

But I'd like to have configurable settings first, see my other message
about this.

-Bertrand