forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Project Management Roles
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 10:33:09 GMT
Ooops, I just noticed that I haven't responded yet. Thought I had.

Well, anyway, I think this is a great idea because the is a difference
in assigning names to responsibilities. There certainly is for me.

Gav.... wrote:

> If you say to Developer X, do what you like, scratch your own
> Itch, it is sort of implying 'do what you like, we appreciate
> It but have our own more important things to take care of' .
>
> That last statement was maybe unfair but didn't know how to word
> It better. But the scope you give the developer in that sense is
> Huge, and they may get lost, at least to begin with.
>
> If you instead said to Developer X, how about you concentrate
> On going through the Roadmap, or how about you sort out the CSS
> Or see what you can do to improve Y, who wants to look at Z.
>
> With that, you are saying, we 'need' this doing, it would benefit
> The project immensely and it is something worth doing.

Isn't that what Jira is supposed to to?
Perhaps we need to look for ways that volunteers feel more confident
to work on an issue in Jira?

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Soethe