forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using browser headers for i18n? (was: Per-project i18n LocaleAction and LocaleMatcher configuration)
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 15:42:18 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz escribió:

>> ...but It does not work in my side. I am not able to produce local
>> content,
>> I will investigate the reason...
>
> ok, if you come up with failure scenarios please post them here so
> that we can find out what's wrong.

My scenario is already documented here:

http://casa.che-che.com/blog/2005/05/10/internalization-a-site-using-forrest-07-dev/

> Agreed, in that case, and when you want to have explicit locale
> selection in the URLs, it's better to use something like
>
>  de/somecontent.html
>  fr/somecontent.html

I was using a configuration on the cli to create a static site

> Which is what I'm after in fact, and currently it seems to work fine
> with a matcher such as
>
>  <map:match type="regexp" pattern="(de|fr|en|it)/(**).html">
>    <map:generate src:="cocoon://{2}.html?locale={1}"/>
>    <!-- post-process links here to get the right locale in them -->
>    <map:serialize type="html"/>
>  </map:match>

What about using the i18nMatcher for this?

> What is your use case, what is not working for you?

what is not working for me is what is describe in "Locale
Identification" on this page

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/matching/LocaleMatcher.html

Locale provided by the user agent, or server default, if use-locale is
set to true

It was not working, so I had to set {request:locale} to get it working.

> I think the goal would be to get either
>
> a) browser-based locale selection
>  or
> b) URL-based locale selection (parameter or path)
>
> to work, based on configurable options (sitemap patching at worst).

> But maybe you have another use-case in mind?

I agree with you in the goal. I had some code already on svn to detect
alternate language (in i18n.xmap) but is it no used as default.

I use Forrest to create static content, that is why I am happy to create
a index.html.{LANG} so we let httpd do their magic.

WDYT?
cheche