forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Per-project i18n LocaleAction and LocaleMatcher configuration
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 14:58:56 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to make the i18n action and matcher settings (see [1] and [2]
> for a list of their options) configurable in forrest.properties.
>
> This would allow for different ways of specifying the current locale:
> URL, request parameter, browser config, etc.
>
> Question is, do you already have a recommended way of injecting values
> from forrest.properties into sitemap component configurations?

Doing this in 0.7 is a bit complex. It involves adding information into
the forrest-core.xconf, which is not a good idea since this is project
specific. There are ways around it but they are clunky see [1] for more
info.

In 0.8-dev there is a new properties system that is XML based and does
not requrie any changes to forrest-core.xconf. This is an undocumented
feature at this time, but it is stable and fully functional, I use it
extensively in my own projects and a few of the whiteboard plugins rely
on it.

Fortunately it sits nicely right alongside the existing
forrest.properties file.

Basically, you need to create a forrest.properties.xml file, you can see
and example in the Daisy plugin in the whiteboard. You can add whatever
properties you want to this file and they will be axposed in the sitemap
  just like any other property.

Again, look at the input.xmap file of the daisy plugin for usage examples.

For more ifo, and some additional usage notes see the control task [2]
and specifically the docs sub task [3]

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-777
[2] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-588
[3] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-734