forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 14:27:25 GMT
le 11/05/2006 18:23 Ross Gardler a écrit :
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>> le 11/05/2006 17:27 Ross Gardler a écrit :

>> FOR-388 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-388>,
>
> That is about using plugins in place. From what I have seen in the
> commits you have polished my work on enabling them to be deployed if
> available locally, but they still need to be deployed don't they?
Actually not. They need to be described in a descriptor file, but may
not have remote URL.
For instance, I am using the php plugin in the Whiteboard which has not
been released, and I have a descriptor file of my own to describe it.
And it works like a charm. My local plugin is updated when needed from
my sources.

Shall I close the FOR-388 or do you think it is not enough ?

>>> This one is about automatically upgrading a plugin if no version
>>> number is supplied. So, if this is to be closed then every time I
>>> run Forrest I should get the very latest of all required plugins
>>> that do not carry a version number. From what I have seen, this does
>>> not happen. It still does what it used to do, if the not present
>>> then it installs it, if it is present it uses the one available. Did
>>> I miss something?
>>
>> I am not sure of this, I think that the first time you run forrest,
>> it gets the plungin.zip and unpack it and keep the zip file.
>> Then the plugin.zip is updated in the vault,
>> If you re-run forrest, it will get the new (get "knows" that the file
>> is newer by comparing with the kept previous version) and unpack-it.
>> So what have you seen when you say it doesn't happen ? How did you
>> make the test ?
>
> This sounds fine. I never thought of keeping the zip and comparing
> dates. I just assumed that it would reinstall everytime just to ensure
> that it had the latest.
>
> Your solution is much neater and more efficient. Of course, it is also
> too clever for me to realise the excellent work you have done.
May I close the FOR-343 or is there something missing ?

Salutations,
Cyriaque,

> Thanks a million.
You're welcome (if you're not joking, because I don't think it was too
clever for you...)