forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 16:23:03 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> le 11/05/2006 17:27 Ross Gardler a écrit :
>
>> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:

>>> FOR-343 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-343>...
>>

>> This one is about automatically upgrading a plugin if no version
>> number is supplied. So, if this is to be closed then every time I run
>> Forrest I should get the very latest of all required plugins that do
>> not carry a version number. From what I have seen, this does not
>> happen. It still does what it used to do, if the not present then it
>> installs it, if it is present it uses the one available. Did I miss
>> something?
>
> I am not sure of this, I think that the first time you run forrest, it
> gets the plungin.zip and unpack it and keep the zip file.
> Then the plugin.zip is updated in the vault,
> If you re-run forrest, it will get the new (get "knows" that the file is
> newer by comparing with the kept previous version) and unpack-it.
> So what have you seen when you say it doesn't happen ? How did you make
> the test ?

This sounds fine. I never thought of keeping the zip and comparing
dates. I just assumed that it would reinstall everytime just to ensure
that it had the latest.

Your solution is much neater and more efficient. Of course, it is also
too clever for me to realise the excellent work you have done.

Thanks a million.

Ross