forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 15:48:20 GMT
le 11/05/2006 17:27 Ross Gardler a écrit :
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>> le 11/05/2006 07:34 David Crossley a écrit :
>>
>>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>>   [SNIP...]

>> Yes it's working well with me - And we recently has the Thorsten
>> feedback which was good.
>> I still need to document the forrest site UsingPlugins page - to make
>> you understand what I have done ;-) .
>>
>> I think the three related issues may be closed :
>> FOR-747 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-747>,
>
> That is about integrating content from Jira into the projectInfo
> plugin. What makes you think it is resolved?
I was wrong with this FOR, I must have made a mistake I will see...

>> FOR-388 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-388>,
>
> That is about using plugins in place. From what I have seen in the
> commits you have polished my work on enabling them to be deployed if
> available locally, but they still need to be deployed don't they?
>
> If so this issue should remain open - that's what I wanted to review.
Right again, I think that there is a still problem with non deployed
plugin, thanks to point it. I certainly work on this latter.

>> FOR-343 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-343>...
>
> This one is about automatically upgrading a plugin if no version
> number is supplied. So, if this is to be closed then every time I run
> Forrest I should get the very latest of all required plugins that do
> not carry a version number. From what I have seen, this does not
> happen. It still does what it used to do, if the not present then it
> installs it, if it is present it uses the one available. Did I miss
> something?
I am not sure of this, I think that the first time you run forrest, it
gets the plungin.zip and unpack it and keep the zip file.
Then the plugin.zip is updated in the vault,
If you re-run forrest, it will get the new (get "knows" that the file is
newer by comparing with the kept previous version) and unpack-it.
So what have you seen when you say it doesn't happen ? How did you make
the test ?

Cyriaque,