forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] remove active/inactive concept
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 09:41:28 GMT

I'm back--late?

I'm +0 on both.

I don't dare a +1 since I once removed myself from the active
list and David put me back there:
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112372739418058&w=2
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112369220218443&w=2

I'm glad and proud to be part of Forrest!

Johannes

David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> The proposal addresses two separate issues:
>>
>> ------------------------
>> A) Remove each mention of "Active" from guidelines.html

+0

>> So this will mean that the people who have binding votes
>> are "PMC Members".
>>
>> Also change the definitions of "Unanimous consensus" and
>> "2/3 majority" to stop saying "All voters with binding
>> votes must vote" and instead refer to number of "votes cast".
>>
>> Add a note about the chair deciding whether a quorum
>> has been reached.
>>
>> Add a note to reinforce that PMC members can be as active
>> as they choose, with no pressure from the project.
>> People can be quiet and speak up occasionally when they
>> see a topic that motivates them enough to contribute
>> to the discussion or to cast a vote.
>>
>> PMC members can still declare themselves "emeritus"
>> if they so choose. Nicola Ken was an example. In such
>> a case we notify the board and remove them from the
>> list of PMC members.
>>
>> ------------------------
>> B) Remove the separation of "active" committers from who.html

+0

--
User Interface Design GmbH
Teinacher Str. 38, 71634 Ludwigsburg

Geschäftsstellen:
Teinacher Str. 38,  71634 Ludwigsburg
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11, 81825 München
Friedrichsring 46,  68161 Mannheim

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Attraktivität von interaktiven Produkten messen mit
www.attrakdiff.de