forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <>
Subject Re: [Vote] remove active/inactive concept
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 09:41:28 GMT

I'm back--late?

I'm +0 on both.

I don't dare a +1 since I once removed myself from the active
list and David put me back there:

I'm glad and proud to be part of Forrest!

David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> The proposal addresses two separate issues:
>> ------------------------
>> A) Remove each mention of "Active" from guidelines.html

>> So this will mean that the people who have binding votes
>> are "PMC Members".
>> Also change the definitions of "Unanimous consensus" and
>> "2/3 majority" to stop saying "All voters with binding
>> votes must vote" and instead refer to number of "votes cast".
>> Add a note about the chair deciding whether a quorum
>> has been reached.
>> Add a note to reinforce that PMC members can be as active
>> as they choose, with no pressure from the project.
>> People can be quiet and speak up occasionally when they
>> see a topic that motivates them enough to contribute
>> to the discussion or to cast a vote.
>> PMC members can still declare themselves "emeritus"
>> if they so choose. Nicola Ken was an example. In such
>> a case we notify the board and remove them from the
>> list of PMC members.
>> ------------------------
>> B) Remove the separation of "active" committers from who.html

>> There will be one list. The PMC members will be marked.
>> Emeritus PMC members will be marked in a different way.
>> There will be explanations of how to see who is "active"
>> for those who care, e.g. search the mail archives; look
>> at changes.html; etc.
>> Add a note to explain the evolution of Forrest to
>> a top-level project and hence the introduction of
>> a PMC which did not include the old absent committers.
>> ------------------------
> Anyone can vote. It is good to hear the opinions of developers.
> As usual the binding votes are those of PMC members.
> Using "Consensus approval":
> The vote will run for the normal one week and so finish at
> midnight UTC on 2005-05-10
> Please vote on these two proposals:
> A) Remove each mention of "Active" from guidelines.html
> B) Remove the separation of "active" committers from who.html
> -David

User Interface Design GmbH
Teinacher Str. 38, 71634 Ludwigsburg
Fon:      +49-7141-37700-0
Fax:      +49-7141-37700-99

Teinacher Str. 38,  71634 Ludwigsburg
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11, 81825 München
Friedrichsring 46,  68161 Mannheim

Attraktivität von interaktiven Produkten messen mit

View raw message