forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [FYI] Google Summer of Code 2006
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 12:02:36 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I today checked the list of students proposals after the deadline for
> applications has expired.
> Nobody aplication for the ODT-plugins as far as I can tell,
> just one application for the refactoring of dispatcher
> (
> So I guess I won't have to become a mentor this summer, what a relief!
> But what about the other application? So far only Ross has commented
> and I agree with his point about xsl as a skill never being mentioned.

I also made this comment visible to the student in order to give them a
chance to address it. So far they have not done so.

> So what happens next? Can we email the applicant to find out more.

Sure. But I would advise against chasing them. We need self-starters who
want to work on the project not get some free money.

> Are you, Thorsten, going to do this and report back.
> Should we, the other mentors comment and rate the application?

Anyone is welcome to comment on or rate the app. Unless someone
volunteers to mentor it then it will not get accepted. If someone
volunteers to mentor it then it is dependant on the score it receives as
to whether it gets accepted.

> Regards,
> Ferdinand Soethe

View raw message