forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] remove 0.6 docs when doing 0.8 release
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 09:19:00 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> However, it wouldn't hurt to add a pointer to the wayback machine in
> case somebody wants to look at older version.

> So I'd add something like:
> - Open*/ and find
>   the most recent version of in the wayback machine.
>   Add the url to the index page of the versions tab.
> wdyt?

Wouldn't hurt, but we cannot rely on the way-back-macine for archiving
our stuff. That is what SVN is for, and is why we tag on a release. This
enables anyone to checkout the code at any point in the future.

I think we also archive older releases of the Forrest binaries too. If
not we should.

View raw message