forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r409294 - in /forrest/trunk/site-author/content: .htaccess xdocs/docs_0_80/build.xml xdocs/docs_0_80/howto/build.xml
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 10:42:10 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

> When i prepared that commit message, i found myself
> spending too much time trying to explain. So i gave up
> and was terse. Sorry, better to spend the time.

Yes. I know it created more work for you when I take over some of the
documentation stuff. But I hope I can make it worth it.

> The old location was in the last two releases
> and there were references to this. There is also
> a website redirect for this page already to
> make it always go to the -dev version.

> When i tried to cleanup after the forrestbot, to
> remove old generated docs (because fb has a bug)
> i became confused about what needed to be removed.

I'd like to document this requirement so that people who reorganize
can do it themselves. It it just deleting files that have been deleted
or moved?

> Your new .htaccess redirect for the webserver was
> going in the opposite direction.

Oops!

> I found it easier just to go back to what we had before.

> Was there a particular reason for the move?

No, actually just logical reason. Beginning to think that we should
have left all howtos in docs in the first place to avoid this moving
to and fro. But when I moved those I wasn't aware of the ..-trick.

Learning something every day. Thanks for taking the time.

--
Ferdinand Soethe