forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deploying docs totally quiet
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 23:50:57 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I've just started the last step of updating docs running
> forrest -f publish.xml deploy -Ddeploy.svn.commit-message="my commit message"
>
> But after "Buildfile: publish.xml" there has not been any output for
> minutes. Is that normal or an indicator that something got stuck.

Yes that is normal. On the first run it needs
to 'svn co' the large forrest/site repository.

> Can I abort the process w/o damage?

I don't know. If you think that things have
become corrupted then might need to manually
remove stuff and start again. This might mean
to remove site-author/build/forrest-docs
and site-author/work which is where forrestbot
operates (see site-author/publish.xml).

The last time that someone else tried the
publishing, they had some troubles.

I was thinking last night that i should do
the publishing this time. Then you try with
a smaller exercise, e.g. one modified doc,
no new docs. Going to do that now.

Thanks again for trying. Hang in there.

-David