forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed Change in Versioned Docs and PlugIn-Tabs
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 05:42:15 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > So now would be a good time to get back to
> > regularly publishing the docs.
>
> Was that a question?

A statement. Either me you or someone else needs
to do it ASAP.

> And yes, it has been since I completed the link-fixing on the weekend.
> I haven't triggered it to give people a change to study the new
> structure and my design changes before we make the visible.

No-one seems to be bothering.

> But informationwise the site is now as good as before.
>
> > I have started some notes at
> > http://forrest.apache.org/roles.html#documentation-coordinator
>
> Die you see the new document in procedures (how to publish). That
> might be a good place to explain publishing procedure if that is what
> you are up to?

Yes we need to consolidate that stuff into your
new docs and just have pointers to the detail from
the roles.html doc.

> > If no-one beats me to it then i will try soon.
>
> > Be careful when there are changes to .htaccess because
> > the site has a one hour rsync delay now. The linked
> > doc will explain how to test that all is well.
>
> What is this rsync delay?
> And what linked docs are you referring to?

Follow the link from the roles.html#documentation-coordinator
The home for project sites is on people.apache.org
Currently it is being rsync'ed into production on the
european mirror.

-David