forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [heads up] Ant upgraded, please test
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 01:00:17 GMT
Mark Eggers wrote:
> Another note.
>
> Falling back to the older version of xml-resolver
> solves the other problem about taking both ANT_HOME
> and $ANT_HOME/bin out of my environment and PATH.

Hmm, how can you tell that it is not using
Forrest's packaged Ant?

> There is definitely something not friendly to Windows
> in the development version of the resolver, at least
> when it's used with ant.

See the discussion about Windows issues at
Apache XML Commons.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=114502541300001

I spoke too soon about it working on Windows.
I forgot to update this extra copy of resolver.
We have one in lib/core which people reported works
properly with Forrest's Cocoon. This other in
tools/ant/lib is used by Forrest's Ant for xmlvalidate
and xmlcatalog tasks.

However before going to xml-commons-dev it would be
good to gather some more info.

We should be able to set "verbosity=10" in a
CatalogManager.properties file. We have one in
main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes which is properly
used by Cocoon. We also have a project one at
site-author/classes/CatalogManager.properties
but it seems to have no effect. Either our xmlcatalog
task in main/targets/validate.xml round line 147
is not finding CatalogManager.properties (it needs to
be on the classpath when resolver.jar starts) or the
Ant xmlcatalog needs to be enhanced to use the
"verbosity" property.

I will be away for the weekend so will catch up later.

-David