forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 05:34:44 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Let us review the list of issues for the upcoming release.
> >There are currently 47 issues for filter FOR-roadmap-dev.
> >http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12310820
> >
> >Looking at just the Blocker and Critical issues.
> >
> >We need to get radical with the list and either do them
> >or delay them until 0.9-dev
> >
> >I have added some suggestions below.
> >What do others think?
>
> Not sure what your "suggestion" is - to delay or to fix?

Fix if possible. Delay if we think it cannot be achieved
in the near future.

"Observations" is a better word. I could only see one
issue that could be delayed. You and Thorsten have
found some others.

> Anyway, I've added my observations on each issue. Thanks for taking the
> time to do this.
>
> >------------------------
> >FOR-713 HTML-to-document.xsl no longer generates an XDoc
>
> Doesn't seem to be causing issues with users perhaps Ferdinand can test
> as I think he has a site with lots of HTML as input).
>
> >------------------------
> >FOR-762 Default page URL for breadcrumbs and site: links
> >
> >Not sure why marked as Blocker.
> >
> >Could probably find some solution.
>
> Certainly not a blocker. OK to go to 0.8.x or 0.9
>
> >------------------------
> >FOR-796 Merge all view/dispatcher work into
> >org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher and
> >org.apache.forrest.themes.core
>
> Dispatcher is 0.9, besides, these are plugins and therefore need not be
> in the roadmap.

As mentioned elsewhere, the reason that this was
on the list was to ensure that we provide one
version of the Dispatcher work, not three.

> >------------------------
> >FOR-492 Inconsistent Line Endings in generated sites
> >
> >We think it is a Xalan issue. Sounded promising but no movement.
> >Perhaps we can add a workaround with Ant after 'forrest site'.
>
> Each time this comes up I mention that I have worked around this issue
> in ANT in the plugin deployment stuff. It just takes one of us to
> actually copy the solution (it's about 3 lines) see discussion in the issue.

IIRC there was a problem. Need to look again.

> >------------------------
> >FOR-865 Add missing entries to status.xml to generate the changes list
> >
> >Everyone can help with this.
>
> yes
>
> >------------------------
> >FOR-867 need doc to explain status of skins and dispatcher
> >
> >Doc started. Need to summarise the recent mail discussion.
>
> Looking good.
>
> >------------------------
> >FOR-868 add relevant notes to the "Upgrading" xdoc
> >
> >Leave until after FOR-867.
>
> Yes
>
> >------------------------
> >FOR-855 verify the license situation prior to each release
> >
> >Just a reminder to do this close to release time.
>
> OK
>
> >------------------------
> >FOR-681 Include xconf files in plugins using includes, not XPatch
>
> I'd be happy for this to go into the unscheduled bit. It was me that
> required this functionality. Another user requested it too, but neither
> of us have scratched the itch (I hacked it on the installation in question).

> >FOR-591 MaxMemory needs increasing for large document sets: Memory Leak
> >with XMLFileModule
> >
> >Rustling at COCOON-1574.
>
> We need to try the Cocoon upgrade

AFAIK, there has only been rustling, but not
actual changes. But see Cameron's message on our
user list. We need to encourage him.