forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 02:51:41 GMT
Let us review the list of issues for the upcoming release.
There are currently 47 issues for filter FOR-roadmap-dev.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12310820

Looking at just the Blocker and Critical issues.

We need to get radical with the list and either do them
or delay them until 0.9-dev

I have added some suggestions below.
What do others think?

------------------------
FOR-713 HTML-to-document.xsl no longer generates an XDoc

------------------------
FOR-762 Default page URL for breadcrumbs and site: links

Not sure why marked as Blocker.

Could probably find some solution.

------------------------
FOR-796 Merge all view/dispatcher work into org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
and org.apache.forrest.themes.core

------------------------
FOR-492 Inconsistent Line Endings in generated sites

We think it is a Xalan issue. Sounded promising but no movement.
Perhaps we can add a workaround with Ant after 'forrest site'.

------------------------
FOR-865 Add missing entries to status.xml to generate the changes list

Everyone can help with this.

------------------------
FOR-867 need doc to explain status of skins and dispatcher

Doc started. Need to summarise the recent mail discussion.

------------------------
FOR-868 add relevant notes to the "Upgrading" xdoc

Leave until after FOR-867.

------------------------
FOR-855 verify the license situation prior to each release

Just a reminder to do this close to release time.

------------------------
FOR-681 Include xconf files in plugins using includes, not XPatch

------------------------
FOR-591 MaxMemory needs increasing for large document sets: Memory Leak with XMLFileModule

Rustling at COCOON-1574.

------------------------
FOR-533 Auto Generate plugins.xml entry

------------------------
FOR-735 Plugins are not correctly deployed in webapp mode

------------------------
FOR-711 FOR-200 sub-task: Cache results from the Locationmap

------------------------
FOR-707 Document i18n features of Forrest

Suggest delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-388 Use plugins in-place if src available

------------------------
FOR-742 trouble accessing unversioned plugin for a released version of Forrest, e.g. projectInfo

FOR-639 define terminology for the various aspects of Dispatcher

Doc started. Everyone can help with this.

FOR-572 run a memory profiler while forrest is operating

Something that we need to regularly do and certainly
just before release.

FOR-876 locationmap demo in fresh-site is broken