forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] remove 0.6 docs when doing 0.8 release
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 00:24:22 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't hurt, but we cannot rely on the way-back-macine for archiving
> > our stuff. That is what SVN is for, and is why we tag on a release. This
> > enables anyone to checkout the code at any point in the future.

We should make the old docs available in various ways.

One aspect of this current proposal was to delete them from
the forrest/site SVN. This takes them away from forrest.apache.org
because it is the 'svn co' of that.

I think that we need them off the net. Too many docs in google.

How about doing what Cocooon is doing, i.e. provide a separate
.zip of the built docs to match what is in the release.

> True. But as long as they do we can make old docs easily accessible
> that way.

My guess in the other reply is that Alexa have already
archived them, just not yet making them available.
According to your date calculation, we should see them
in a couple of months.

-David