forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject [Vote] remove active/inactive concept
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 08:30:10 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> The proposal addresses two separate issues:
>
> ------------------------
> A) Remove each mention of "Active" from guidelines.html
>
> So this will mean that the people who have binding votes
> are "PMC Members".
>
> Also change the definitions of "Unanimous consensus" and
> "2/3 majority" to stop saying "All voters with binding
> votes must vote" and instead refer to number of "votes cast".
>
> Add a note about the chair deciding whether a quorum
> has been reached.
>
> Add a note to reinforce that PMC members can be as active
> as they choose, with no pressure from the project.
> People can be quiet and speak up occasionally when they
> see a topic that motivates them enough to contribute
> to the discussion or to cast a vote.
>
> PMC members can still declare themselves "emeritus"
> if they so choose. Nicola Ken was an example. In such
> a case we notify the board and remove them from the
> list of PMC members.
>
> ------------------------
> B) Remove the separation of "active" committers from who.html
>
> There will be one list. The PMC members will be marked.
> Emeritus PMC members will be marked in a different way.
>
> There will be explanations of how to see who is "active"
> for those who care, e.g. search the mail archives; look
> at changes.html; etc.
>
> Add a note to explain the evolution of Forrest to
> a top-level project and hence the introduction of
> a PMC which did not include the old absent committers.
>
> ------------------------

Anyone can vote. It is good to hear the opinions of developers.
As usual the binding votes are those of PMC members.
Using "Consensus approval":
http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#approvals
The vote will run for the normal one week and so finish at
midnight UTC on 2005-05-10
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?year=2006&month=05&day=11

Please vote on these two proposals:

A) Remove each mention of "Active" from guidelines.html

B) Remove the separation of "active" committers from who.html

-David