forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: preparing for 0.8 release
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 02:47:31 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >The next step in preparing for the upcoming release
> >is to assess the state of the issue tracker.
> >
> >Would people please review the list of unscheduled
> >issues. This is something that all developers can
> >assist with, not just the committers.
> >http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12310043
>
> >If you see anything that is vital and can be
> >realistically achieved for the release, then please
> >provide its issue number and a committer will Edit it
> >to set the "Fix Version" to 0.8-dev.
>
> I've been through all the issues marked as Major priority or more. Only
> a couple added to the roadmap, not surprising since I went through them
> when originally doing the roadmap. We need more eyes on these in case
> I've missed stuff.

That is what i meant. It is a continual job.
Yesterday i found a couple of new ones that had
crept into the unscheduled list, e.g.
FOR-854 - The "tigris" skin...

> >Then next step will then be to review the list of
> >scheduled issues to be more realistic.
>
> I've not done this since most issues in there were put there by myself.
> Others should try and filter out what is not important in that list.

I agree.

What i meant was that the next stage, beyond this, is
for the project as a group to review the list and either
fix issues or move them to be scheduled for 0.9-dev.
This is one of the "roles" that i recently identified.
Someone, not necessarily the Release Manager and not even
necessarily a committer, needs to start an email thread
with the current scheduled list of issues, and get us to
decide on each issue.

We have an unfinished thread about the Jira review process
which needs to be documented so that we don't keep
going in circles.
 Re: planning the 0.8 release (Was: [RT] structurer location and resource types)
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=114324667300003
which moved on to:
 Re: planning the 0.8 release
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=114378988400001