forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] remove 0.6 docs when doing 0.8 release
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 08:52:26 GMT
We currently have three sets of documentation:
0.70 (current) | 0.80-dev (under development) | 0.60 (past)

The sources are at
site-author/content/xdocs/docs_0_60
site-author/content/xdocs/docs_0_70
site-author/content/xdocs/docs_0_80

When doing the 0.8 release, we will add docs_0_90 for
the new 0.90-dev

I reckon that we should remove the old 0.60 docs from
site-author. Just have three versions available.

Otherwise the build of forrest docs would become
too clunky. Yes unfortunately we have not been able
to find time to improve the 'forrest site' to not
re-build docs if they don't need it.

Another reason is that it is extra bulk in the
distribution.

We should also delete them from the forrest website.
That is a separate issue. We could leave them there
if really needed. Forrest-0.6 users do have a local
copy of those docs.

What do others think?

-David