forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Project Management Roles
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 04:28:13 GMT
Rick Tessner wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > Establish "Project Management Roles" for various
> > well-defined tasks (see below).
>
> I like it.  Good idea.

G'day Rick, good to hear from you.

> > Subversion Monitor
> > ------------------
> > Ensure that svn:eol-style settings are appropriate.
> > Ensure no line-endings issues.
> > Regularly run xml-tidy.
> > Regularly run java-tidy.
> >
> > There are already some Perl scripts and other tools in
> > the "committers" SVN and Forrest SVN.
>
> I'll volunteer for this.  I haven't had a lot of cycles of late, but this is
> something I should be able to fit into my schedule. :)

Great. I did the first two tasks yesterday. So our SVN
is clean at this point. See:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/tools/find_carriage_returns.sh
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/tools/report_svn_text.pl
http://www.apache.org/dev/#svn
and
http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn
for the configuration file that all committers should use.

The "tidy" jobs are more complicated, and we have not
yet settled on how to do them. So you might want to
back out of that job :-)

I have been doing experimentation with xml tidying lately.
See $FORREST_HOME/etc/tidy-xml.pl
However, my version of UNIX 'tidy' removes the space character
following in-line elements, so i haven't used this tool yet.

I have also considered using a simple XSL transformation
and perhaps an Ant task, but not yet done much. See
$FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/xml-to-pretty.xsl
but it is probably too basic.

Diwaker had done some experimentation with both xml and
java tidying. Issue FOR-644 has some links to email threads
about the xml stuff. He also did some discussion about java
tidying around the same time.

-David