forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <>
Subject Re: lm question for our docs
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 13:29:30 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Unfortunately, it won't quite work the way you want because the syntax
> for url rewriting and locationmap lookup is different. Therefore to
> change the behaviour requires a change in the site.xml file.

Since I need this for the lm-docs anyhow, what exactly won't work. The
example I had in mind was very similar to yours except for the second

<v0.9 label="0.9-dev" href=""/>

and in the site-author locationmap you have:

<map pattern="*">
     <location src="{project:content}/docs_{1}"/>
     <location src="{{1}"/>

Why do I need this extra page

> Create a placeholder page that says something like "the latest
> development docs are not available in this content object because...".
> This page should provide a link to the Forrest website version, it could
> provide a redirect meta tag too (assuming Forrest will let such a thing
> pass through).

> When we release a new version we would need to update the URL in the
> placeholder page. If we want to avoid this we could dynamically generate
> the placeholder, using the docs version as a parameter. Once this
> dynamically created page is available this solution will work for any
> number of future releases without modification of the source files.

Would have to be otherwise there is a much simpler solution w/o lm
(simply change the non-lm url in site).

Ferdinand Soethe

View raw message