forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documenting Release Process
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 08:59:30 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

> I have looked a bit. However i see that you changed the
> order of things (such as changing the mirrors.html too early).
> So i am going to need to very carefully think about the process.

I saw need to change it because some of if just wasn't the way I
remembered it last time and some of it seemed to make more sense.
So I risked making mistakes and discussing the stuff afterwards.

> After three releases we had fine-tuned the process well.
> We need to be very careful about changing it.

I figured that we can always go back to previous versions.
And I didn't think it was fine-tuned so well. That's what got me
started in the first place. For example there was no provision in the
old docs to build windows and unix-versions on two different systems
(or rather exchange the rc-checkout for that).

And, as you noted before, creation of docs was still an open issue.

> The trouble is that i don't have time to do such
> a review. I will do my best.

Sorry for doing this at a bad time but I wanted this fixed before we
started the next release.

Will look at your changes and comment later today, gotto run.
--
Ferdinand Soethe