forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: when to create a new Jira Issue
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 12:23:44 GMT
El sáb, 06-05-2006 a las 13:56 +0200, Thorsten Scherler escribió:
> El sáb, 06-05-2006 a las 10:10 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> > Clay Leeds (JIRA) wrote:
> > >      [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-872 ]
> > >
> > > Clay Leeds updated FOR-872:
> > > ---------------------------

> > > Enables Images added to odt file to display/pass-through to Forrest site.
> > >
> > > NOTE: I wasn't sure if I should create a new issue (as this is unrelated to
adding <title> & <h1> elements...), but I figured a) this is as good a place
as any; b) less 'issues' is better! If someone wants to rename this issue 'Create OpenDocument
Input Plugin', that'd be fine by me.

> > I don't agree. Specific issues for specific tasks is better.
> > Especially good Summary lines helps Jira's boolean search facility.
> >
> > For example with your above patch is difficult to relate
> > the attachment name to the comment.
> >
> > Also the patch queue will then better prompt us.
> >
> > BTW, it is a pity that your patches are not being
> > applied. Thorsten, you have this Assigned to yourself.
> > Do you want to relinquish that?
>
> I applied the patches (please see the svn mailing list)!
>
> Then the issue got new issues.
>
> You are right that we should not reuse issues.

Further like you can see at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-872?page=history

"Change by Thorsten Scherler [27/Apr/06 10:24 PM]  Status   In Progress
[ 3 ]  Resolved [ 5 ]"

That means the issue is fixed and will not be pursued anymore, right?

Further the *new* patches (from the 04.05) are currently under
discussion in this list.

salu2
--
thorsten