forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: when to create a new Jira Issue
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 11:56:10 GMT
El sáb, 06-05-2006 a las 10:10 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> Clay Leeds (JIRA) wrote:
> >      [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-872 ]
> >
> > Clay Leeds updated FOR-872:
> > ---------------------------

> > Enables Images added to odt file to display/pass-through to Forrest site.
> >
> > NOTE: I wasn't sure if I should create a new issue (as this is unrelated to adding
<title> & <h1> elements...), but I figured a) this is as good a place as any;
b) less 'issues' is better! If someone wants to rename this issue 'Create OpenDocument Input
Plugin', that'd be fine by me.

> I don't agree. Specific issues for specific tasks is better.
> Especially good Summary lines helps Jira's boolean search facility.
>
> For example with your above patch is difficult to relate
> the attachment name to the comment.
>
> Also the patch queue will then better prompt us.
>
> BTW, it is a pity that your patches are not being
> applied. Thorsten, you have this Assigned to yourself.
> Do you want to relinquish that?

I applied the patches (please see the svn mailing list)!

Then the issue got new issues.

You are right that we should not reuse issues.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"