forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: status of skins and dispatcher for 0.8 release
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 23:04:32 GMT
El mar, 02-05-2006 a las 20:47 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>It looks good to me. I think it has the right balance. We may want to
> >>create a matrix showing what is supported in the dispatcher and what is
> >>not supported. For example, one cannot generate PDF's with a dispatcher
> >>enabled site.
> >

> > That is not true. Why do you think so?
> >
> > It is not possible to generate PDF in the dispatcher out of *xhtml2*
> > (like in general).
> I thought this because of [1]. Re-reading alongside your comment above I
> see I may have misunderstood.
> I see now that you say that PDF generation does ot work because the
> sample is an XHTML2 source file and we need XHTML2-to-FO, OK that is
> fine and is not a dispatcher issue but is part of the move to XHTML2.

yes, thanks for clarifying.

> Can you confirm that if I use XDoc as a source in a dispatcher enabled
> site I will still be able to generate PDF?

yes, since the pdf generation is coming from the plugin.

> Are the broken links in the issue I reported [1] still a problem?

I do not find broken links in the issue. If you mean the redirect
to /index.* that was a quick workaround back in v3. The trunk does not
suffer this problem.

> That
> issue was closed but I never saw any commits to resolve it.

Hmm, how about
"Comment by Thorsten Scherler [20/Apr/06 03:07 PM]
v3 is not up to date and will be deleted in the process of FOR-798.

Further http://localhost:8888/samples/xhtml2_subset.html is using xhtml2
as input and not xdocs. This means that the pdf will not work anyway
since we do not have a xhtml2-to-fo transformation established.

Another point is that the xhtml2 integration demonstrated in v3 needs to
be done in a different way like I described in a couple of threads on
dev (e.g. [RT] structurer location and resource types).

This issue will be actual when we base the dispatcher on xhtml2 as input

...and the quick workaround for v3 based site is: un-comment the
links. ;) In the current dispatcher that is fixed.

Maybe we should change the description to "implement xhtml2-to-fo

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

View raw message