forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Web Maestro Clay <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] Google Summer of Code 2006
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:07:13 GMT
On Apr 20, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> OK, I have added the odt-plugins project to the wiki.
> --
> Ferdinand Soethe

Thank you Ferdinand!

Although your wiki entry is IMO well-worded, it would be useful and
nice not to limit the plugin to merely text documents, but to enable
support for ODT Base & Impress (Spreadsheet and Presentation) support
(Draw is another 'nice to have'). In spite of its short-comings
(which I believe are more the fault of OOo itself rather than the
Forrest OOo plugin) the current OOo plugin currently supports Impress
[1] and there is already a Forrest Excel Input plugin[2] (which
supports Excel 2003 file's 'save as XML' format.

As such, it might be nice(tm) to add Impress & Base, and possibly
Draw (via strongly worded(tm) 'hopeful' goals ;-) to the wiki entry.

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/
org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/samples/openoffice-
impress.html

[2]
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/
org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.excel/