forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] remove active/inactive concept
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:17:54 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

>>>However, if someone wants to periodically verify the active status of
>>>people (i.e. once a month) then the "time out" definition is workable.
>>>But who is going to do this? (hint - *not* me)
>> Probably a job for the PMC chair.

I'd probably aim for a different approach.

Instead of checking for activity (which is always hard to gauge) have
committers tell us if they are absent for a holiday. That way we can
assume that everybody who has not told doesn't care while we can also
extend voting periods on important decisions to accommodate holidays.

Ferdinand Soethe

View raw message