forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] remove active/inactive concept
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:17:54 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

>>>However, if someone wants to periodically verify the active status of
>>>people (i.e. once a month) then the "time out" definition is workable.
>>>But who is going to do this? (hint - *not* me)
>>

>> Probably a job for the PMC chair.

I'd probably aim for a different approach.

Instead of checking for activity (which is always hard to gauge) have
committers tell us if they are absent for a holiday. That way we can
assume that everybody who has not told doesn't care while we can also
extend voting periods on important decisions to accommodate holidays.

--
Ferdinand Soethe