forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Q: Images-Cascade in Resources.xmap (was Re: Forrest site generates content above build/site)
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:40:49 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Am I helping or confusing?
Helping (me), thanks.

Still, I'm looking at this and wonder.

It seems to me like these cascades create a behavior that is very hard to
predict by the user. And probably - unless you really study that
sitemap - for many developers as well.

Should we really have all this legacy support and usage pattern choices
implemented in this way?

Why not define these patterns and put them as settings into Forrest
properties. Use switches to support these patterns in the sitemap so
that each usage-patterns has just one predictable behavior.

--
Ferdinand Soethe