forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Errors
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:54:32 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> Since the last update an hour ago I can no longer build any sites or
> plugins.
> I get :-
> ERROR   (2006-04-23) 17:15.44:634   [access] (Unknown-URI)
> Unknown-Thread/CoreUtil: Exception reloading root processor.
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot
> load 'file:/D:/Apache2/forrest/main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf'
> at file:/D:/Apache2/forrest/main/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:30:62

> Doesn't matter where I do this,
> I have done build clean, build etc but still can not get rid of it.
> Any ideas?

And just a couple of messages ago I said I didn't want to think today :-(

Here's the debugging process I use for issues like this, I hope it will
help if you hit a similar issue in the future:

- use the reported error message to give you a clue as to what you are
looking for. In this case you are looking for changes to cocoon.xconf
and/or forrest-core.xconf

- check there are no local modifications causing the problem using svn diff

If no joy:

- find out the last known working revision
   - you can do this by checking out previous revisions until you have
one that works (personally I try and jot down the revision number before
I do an "svn up" - you can find it with "svn info")

- look at what has changed between the last known working revision and
head. You can do this with "svn diff -r LAST_KNOWN_WORKING:head" (more
info at [1]) - you can limit the scope, since this is a core problem you
can do "svn diff -r LAST_KNOWN_WORKING:head main"

View raw message