forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Applying patches promptly( was Re: Release Manager - RM)
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:14:59 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>>>Sorry Gav. We are a bit lax with this aspect of our work.

>>>I'm afraid I, personally do not have the time to apply your patches
>>>right now (it takes a little time to review them properly and to test
>>>afterwards).
>

> I know what you mean Ross, but there is a trap.
> Stefano made this apparent to me but it was on a
> private list so i will try to paraphrase.
>
> Just apply the patches. Commit-then-review. [1]
> If something is wrong then another developer will
> be urged to fix it. Flaws are good. They create
> itches and help to build a community.

Yes, this makes a great deal of sense. I will switch to this mode of
working.

Should get around to applying some patches later today. My deadline
passed without a hitch at midnight last night. I'm a fair bit hungover
right now, applying patches with little thought may be an easy Sunday
afternoon task.

Everyone has been warned (i.e. please at least do a cursory review for
me if someone has the chance)

Ross