forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Manager - RM
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:36:49 GMT
Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

Sorry Gav. We are a bit lax with this aspect of our work.

I'm afraid I, personally do not have the time to apply your patches
right now (it takes a little time to review them properly and to test
afterwards).

However, my current main deadline is over at midnight tomorrow. I'll get
to them early next week if nooned has beaten me to it.

> Whilst on the subject and this is aimed at you Ross :) , See my messages
> For the Citations and Glossary Plugins, confirm that 'see' element is
> Actually for #anchors and 'cite' is for external reference from Glossary
> To Citations.

I was going with lazy consensus on that one, i.e. I didn't disagree,
therefore I agree. You can always assume this is the case unless you
state explicitly you want an answer - like you did here.

> I have not yet worked out the best method (or any method yet) for linking
> The cite= from Glossary to point to the Citations. This will have linking
> Implications meaning to me at least that both these plugins are inextricably
> Linked and both must be installed if we are to enable cite= on Glossary,

Actually, this creates a dependency between the glossary and citations
plugin and the current plugin architectures does not support such
dependencies. The dispatcher work has such dependencies, but since
dispatcher is likely to end up in core that has not been considered a
problem.

Here it is a problem. We will need to add dependencies to plugins to
support the citation from glossaries. This is he first real use case for
such a thing. Perhaps you could add an issue.

I'll look into this in more detail with you when I have the time next week.

Ross