forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FYI] Google Summer of Code 2006
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:27:53 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Web Maestro Clay wrote:
>

>>Although your wiki entry is IMO well-worded, it would be useful and
>>nice not to limit the plugin to merely text documents, but to enable
>>support for ODT Base & Impress (Spreadsheet and Presentation) support
>>(Draw is another 'nice to have').
>

> I hesitated to add that since it seems rather ambitious but I have
> added it so that we can always have it as an optional second phase.

Please think carefully about the scoping. It has two significant effects;

1) Does the student think they can do it? If they don't they will not apply.

2) Do we really expect a student to be able to do it in the time
allowed? We have to provide a report to Google saying whether the
objectives were met and whether the student should receive their money.
The decision about the money is the mentors alone, but it does reflect
negatively on the mentor and the student.

Ross