forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: [Dispatcher location map]
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:02:45 GMT
le 20/04/2006 11:18 Thorsten Scherler a écrit :
> El mar, 18-04-2006 a las 10:55 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>     I think...
[snip]

>> First, we need to be homogeneous :
>>
>>     For instance in some patterns - such as
>> pattern="dataModel-html-**.xsl", the location map looks into :
>>
>>     * src="{project:structurer}/resources/stylesheets/html/{1}.xsl"
>>     * src="{project:skins-dir}{project:theme}/xslt/html/{1}.xsl"
>>     * and src="{defaults:structurer}/resources/stylesheets/html/{1}.xsl"
>>
>>     And in other patterns - such as pattern="contract-strip-xsl.xsl",
>> the location map looks into :
>>
>>     * src="{project:structurer}/resources/stylesheets/contract-strip-xsl.xsl"
>>     * and
>>       src="{defaults:structurer}/resources/stylesheets/contract-strip-xsl.xsl"
>>
>> And we don't know why it does not search in skin-dir ?
>>

> I reckon we just forgot the match. However the dataModel stuff should be
> done with internal structurer and contracts and not anymore with e.g.
> document-to-xhtml.xsl. I think we should take this chance and base the
> dispatcher on xhtml2 and not on xdocs anymore (the xdocs plugin will
> grant downwards compatibility).

Ok, but do we still need to search in a skin directory, it's a little
strange using the dispatcher (or maybe it's just backward compatibility ?)

>>     Another example is the use of different pathes which seem to be the
>> same :
>>
>>     * {project:structurer}/resources
>>     * and {project:resources}
>>

> No, project:structurer/resources is != project:resources. The idea of
> project:structurer is to have a custom implementation of the
> internal.dispatcher plugin and not using the forrest one. The project
> resources however are not having this focus.

Ok, now it's clear, sorry,

>> Second, we need to verify the fall backs :
>>

>> [snip]
>

>> At last, we may add entry points to have the possibility to override
>> everything :
>>     For instance to systematically have an entry point pattern to
>> override a stylesheet and a standard pattern :
>>
>>     <match pattern="dataModel-xml-document-to-**.xsl">
>>       <select type="exists">
>>             <location
>> src="{project:structurer}/resources/stylesheets/xml/document-to-{1}.xsl" />
>>             <location
>> src="{project:skins-dir}{project:theme}/xslt/xml/document-to-{1}.xsl" />
>> *            <location src="{lm:std-dataModel-xml-document-to-{1}.xsl" />*
>>       </select>
>>     </match>
>>     <match pattern="std-dataModel-xml-document-to-**.xsl">
>>       <select type="exists">
>>             <location
>> src="{defaults:structurer}/resources/stylesheets/xml/document-to-{1}.xsl" />
>>       </select>
>>     </match>
>>
>> With these two patterns, the customiser can create his own
>> document-to-html.xsl in his project directory and import the standard in
>> this stylesheet :
>>       <!-- Standard Import... -->
>>       <xsl:import href="lm://std-dataModel-xml-document-to-html.xsl"/>
>>

> I am not sure, since the nature of the lm is that user can override core
> lm-matches in their own locationmap. If we start to add different
> alternatives then we pretty soon end up in a bigger confusion then we
> already have.

Yes, but with the previous solution, you don't need to override the
lm-matches, you simply add a custom xsl file and import the standard !
(think about it :-) )
> Maybe we should skim all matches to a bare 2 location pattern and only
> provide a full blown away fallback mechanism for stuff like e.g.  <match
> pattern="resolve.structurer.**">.

I don't know, at the moment I need to continue to investigate and
understand the lm ;-) .
In my case, I need to override the tab-to-menu.xsl to have more
information in my and it's a real mess...

>> Maybe I should create an Issue for this ?
>>

> Yes, please.
>
> Thanks a lot Cyriaque for your efforts.

You are welcome,

Cyriaque,