forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Q: Images-Cascade in Resources.xmap (was Re: Forrest site generates content above build/site)
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:12:27 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El jue, 20-04-2006 a las 10:40 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe escribió:
>
>>Ross Gardler wrote:
>>

>>>Am I helping or confusing?
>>
>>Helping (me), thanks.
>>

>>Still, I'm looking at this and wonder.
>>
>>It seems to me like these cascades create a behavior that is very hard to
>>predict by the user. And probably - unless you really study that
>>sitemap - for many developers as well.
>

> Yes, you are right the resource.xmap is *very* complex and *very* hard
> to understand.
>

>>Should we really have all this legacy support and usage pattern choices
>>implemented in this way?
>

> IMO no, that should go through the locationmap, however this is not that
> simple since we have a wide range of different matches that cannot
> directly be taken from the lm.

I already refactored the resource.xmap to use the locationmap [1]. It
has been massively simplified. From what I can see everything now goes
through the the locationamp. What are the specific problems you still see?

NB - as mentioned elsewhere, the legacy support is still in the
locationmap, we stil need to address this

Ross

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/resources.xmap?rev=359672&r1=294916&r2=359672&diff_format=h