forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] odt plugin
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:31:33 GMT
Web Maestro Clay wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> I'm not sure whether or not to suppress <style/>, but it would be  nice
> to have the ability to have 'on-the-fly' ODT styles.

I'm -1 on allowing abitrary styles though. The problem is that Forrest
attempts to provide a unified output formats regardless of the input
format. If we allow arbitrary styles through then we loose the ability
to do this because uses will create "headings" by making text larger and
bold, for example. Forrest has no way of knowing this is supposed to be
a heading and therefore cannot render it as such.

Ross