forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] odt plugin
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:45:26 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> The odt_to_xhtml stylesheet uses the styles defined in the document
>>> to style the final output. Does this mean we loose the consistent
>>> look and feel that is the real killer in Forrest produced sites?
>>>

>> I do not understand you. Did you tested the plugin?
>>
>> +          <map:transform src="{lm:transform.odt.xhtml}" />
>> +          <map:transform
>> src="{lm:transform.xml.xml-namespace-stripped}" />
>> +          <map:transform src="{lm:transform.html.document}" />
>>
>> We transform first to xhtml, then strip the namespaces and finally
>> create a xdoc out of the xhtml input.
>

> No, I did not test, I just looked at the code. I do not have the time to
> test it right now. I'm doing a review of the commit, that's all.
>
> The transformation to XHTML creates embedded CSS styles in the final
> output. Are these carried through to the final output?

Sorry let me write that in understandable English (I hate typing in
public spaces).

The transformation from ODT to XHTML embeds CSS styles in the output. Is
this CSS carried through to the final output of Forrest?

In other words, can a poorly trained user create their own "heading"
style by, for example, using Bold and Underline?

Ross