forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: MS input plugin
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 10:09:49 GMT
Paul Bolger wrote:
> I've been trying to get the MS Word input plugin to work and I'm
> getting the error referred to in this comment in input.xmap:
> 	/**
>      * Generate XML data.
>      *
>      * if catalog resolution is not properly set, you may have the exception
>      *\{yourFile}.sxw\office.dtd
>      * (The system cannot find the path specified)
> 	 * @throws
>      */

I've no time to look at this right now - rushing out. However, I can
provide a hint, if you still need help after the weekend I'll look in
more detail.

> Any clues how I'd fix this?

You need to add the OOo dtd's to the Forrest catalog files. I built this
plugin prior to the introduction of the ability to add stuff to Forrest
DTD's in plugins. What you need to do is add info about the DTD's to a
plugin catalog file and add the DTD's themselves. For an example of how
see resources/schema directory of the glossary plugin, along with recent
discussions on the same lines here on the dev list. I think David
updated the docs on this too.

NB, the DTD's will be another resource we cannot add to the SVN due to

> One thing I notice is that OpenOffice needs to be running for the
> plugin to work -

Yes, the plugins "documentation" (about 4 paragraphs) describe how to
start OOo as a server.

> does it work with OpenOffice 2.0?

I have no idea I didn't test it. I see no reason why not.

View raw message