forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Discussion links to archives
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:34:47 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> I wonder if Jira can help with this, so to experiment
> added a new Component: "Discussion links to archives".
> Use multiple Components, i.e. add the relevant Plugin
> Component too.

> It does take time for someone to do this, but there
> is huge benefit by giving other people a starting point.
>
> This is not just for committers, any developer can assist.
>
> I don't expect that this will ever be thorough or replace
> the need to search the archives, but it should help.
> Anyway lets try, if it doesn't work then we can dump it.

I wonder if some brigt spark can figure out a way to create a button on
our Fireox toolbar that will handle most of this, something like:

- press "Add issue to Jira"
- fill in a dialog asking for:
   - a description
   - relevant link(s)
   - a Jira component
- click submit

This would be really useful on othe projects too and could be expanded
to cover other useful Jira tricks, but lets just worry about the simple
stuff first.

Ross