forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r392105 - /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.glossary/src/documentation/content/xdocs/glossary.xml
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:34:21 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>Now that i look more carefully at your example site,
>>>i understand more. It seems that it is somehow magically
>>>linked to a citations document. Great, however we don't
>>>yet have the Citations plugin at Forrest. FOR-756
>>
>>Ahhhh... I completely forgot about that. When I get time I'll dig out
>>the citations "plugin" too. It's in the same state as the original
>>glossary donation (i.e. against Forest 0.5).
>

> Do you mean this? ...
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-756

err... yes - thanks for being more on the ball about what I have done
than I am myself.

>>All these "plugins" are the reason I created the plugin framework in the
>>first place. Its ironic that I have never found the time to migrate the
>>original motivations to real plugins. I suppose that is what happens
>>with a change in job.
>

> I wonder waht else you have in the Attic.

I think we are getting to the bottom of the "barrel". There are still a
few others, like the MSOffice plugin that are not in Jira, but there are
comments in the relevant issues if anyone decides to tackle those
issues. I always try to at least comment on forgotten code lying around
when a relevant issue comes up.

>>>Also i was getting xml validation errors, e.g.
>>>"An element with the identifier "W3C-CSS" must appear in the document."
>>
>>Not sure about that I'm afraid.
>

> It is from the definition/@cite IDREF attribute.

More justification for using the @class attribute instead then.

Ross