forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] merge scales skin with pelt
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:52:13 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Something that i have been meaning to ask for ages.
>
> Is there anything stopping me merging the functionality
> provided by the "scales" skin into "pelt"?
>
> Of course there will be back-compatibility
> for use of the old name "scales".
>
> I really don't want us to need to support another
> skin. Our docs say that we only do pelt.
>
> If no reason not to, then if no-one else beats
> me to it, it will do that soon.

If I recall correctly, Ferdinand used a separate skin because of some
concerns about backward compatability. I cannot remember what these
concerns were (even though I think they were mine), or if they have been
addressed in the scales work.

If there are no such issues then i certainly don't object to a merge.

Ross