forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving Forrest/OpenOffice.org integration
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 12:35:22 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Web Maestro Clay wrote:
>
>> I've been given the go-ahead to work on Forrest's OpenOffice.org
>> functionality
>

> Excellent!!
>
>> Would it make more sense to 'leave' the OpenOffice.org plugin alone,
>> and focus instead on creating a new OpenDocument plugin, since it
>> doesn't appear to have as many styling issues?
>

> +1 to starting afresh and working on an OpenDocument plugin instead.

One other tip. When I did the Resume plugin I used a simple generator
for SXW files [1]. This replaces the rather hacky way of reading the
zipped SXW files in the OOo plugin. I never found the time to make it
work for other OOo formats and put it into the OOo plugin.

Perhaps your work is the perfect opportunity to do this. It's pretty
simple (as long as you know a little Java) and improves performance
considerably.

Ross

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.Resume/src/java/org/apache/forrest/generation/