forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] remove active/inactive concept
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 01:44:52 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> David Crossley escribi??:
> > Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> >
> > > Wasn't that what the term active was meant
> > > to say in the first place: Active in terms of coming forward to cast a
> > > vote?
> >
> > I like your interpretation.
>
> I see activeness different then coming forward and voting.

Thorsten, please answer the following questions.
Perhaps you have foreseen a problem that i cannot.

What is your reason for wanting to prevent
certain PMC members from having binding votes?

All PMC members exist because we saw that they
are committed to the project and we trust them
to have the project's interests at heart.

We have a principle that people can be as active
as they choose, with no pressure from the project.

So what is wrong with them being quiet and
speaking up occasionally when they see a topic
that motivates them enough to cast a vote?

-David