forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Release Manager - RM
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:08:49 GMT

This is the way things are I guess, people are here to contribute code,
That means usually most committers commit their time and find their
Time to produce and commit their code, only natural and understandable.
Everyone else comes second.

> I'm afraid I, personally do not have the time to apply your patches
> right now (it takes a little time to review them properly and to test
> afterwards).

Especially when patches don't validate etc, I have made sure as much as
Possible that my patches are fully tested, fully validate etc to shorten
The time a committer needs, but I slip up now and then :)

> However, my current main deadline is over at midnight tomorrow. I'll get
> to them early next week if nooned has beaten me to it.

No problem, thanks.

> > Whilst on the subject and this is aimed at you Ross :) , See my messages
> > For the Citations and Glossary Plugins, confirm that 'see' element is
> > Actually for #anchors and 'cite' is for external reference from Glossary
> > To Citations.
>
> I was going with lazy consensus on that one, i.e. I didn't disagree,
> therefore I agree. You can always assume this is the case unless you
> state explicitly you want an answer - like you did here.

Ok, just that they were already there and just wanted to correct and make
Sure my correction was good . (keh!?)

> > I have not yet worked out the best method (or any method yet) for
> linking
> > The cite= from Glossary to point to the Citations. This will have
> linking
> > Implications meaning to me at least that both these plugins are
> inextricably
> > Linked and both must be installed if we are to enable cite= on Glossary,
>
> Actually, this creates a dependency between the glossary and citations
> plugin and the current plugin architectures does not support such
> dependencies. The dispatcher work has such dependencies, but since
> dispatcher is likely to end up in core that has not been considered a
> problem.
>
> Here it is a problem. We will need to add dependencies to plugins to
> support the citation from glossaries. This is he first real use case for
> such a thing. Perhaps you could add an issue.
>
> I'll look into this in more detail with you when I have the time next
> week.

Ok ,thanks.

For cite to work, we need the citations plugin, so we know that
The Glossary Plugin relies on Citations Plugin if we use cite. But how
dependent is Citations on the Glossary, I mean, how useful is Citations
Plugin without Glossary anyway ? We would have to broaden the horizon
And alter a document-vxx.mod schema to add cite perhaps to make it available
forrest-wide. Otherwise, citations is also dependent on glossary.

If the latter, then is it viable that the two plugins are bundled, or we
Make sure that one plugin installs the other also.

Gav...