forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] odt plugin
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:51:17 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Ross Gardler escribi??:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > > Clay Leeds escribi??:

> > > I added such a contract. I have not tested it (will do later) since I am
> > > on my way out, but _should_ work. ;)
> >
> > Last time I looked -1 from a committer was a blocker on code. I
> > appreciate that this optional, but I'm still not sure it is a good idea.
> > It will cause maintenance problems.
>
> I did not see a vote on it and interpreted your -1 as stating your
> personal opinion.

We don't need to vote on everything. We gauge
consensus in preference to explicit voting.

IMO people should not use voting symbols in discussion
unless they mean it. Then we all know where we stand.

Ross could have waited for a commit to happen and then
said -1 in reply to the commit message. That seems a waste
of time when he knows that he has seen a problem.

-David