forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] odt plugin
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:00:56 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> > AFAIR there are some fundamental changes in comparison to openOffice
> > 1.x.
>
> Have you checked this before you started this new plug-in or is this a
> gut feeling? I'm asking because I remember looking at both formats
> and thinking that they probably just needed a few fixes here and
> there ... But I must admit that's as far as I took it.
>
> Perhaps Ross has done some more work on this?
>
> > Further like you pointed out the OASIS Open Document Format is a
> > higher level standard and *not* directly related to OOo (it just happens
> > that they use it as default format).

Heads up. An alarm bell was triggered by the
word "OASIS". Please ensure that ASF ideals are met.

There were various threads on legal-discuss@ list
last year about the concern of RAND terms.

Search: OASIS RAND site:apache.org
Search: OASIS RAND

Now i don't even know if we are affected and am not
clear on the general ASF stance.

After doing the research, we could contact the
legal-discuss@ if help is needed.

-David