forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] remove active/inactive concept
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:12:03 GMT
There seems to be confusion caused by the concept
of "active" versus "inactive" committers and PMC
members. It is too difficult to classify people
in such a way and causes unnecessary angst.

I propose that we remove such distinction.

The who.html page would have two lists, sorted
alphabetically:
* Simple list of all committers, past and present.
* Simple list of the current PMC members.

If someone wants to personally know who is an
"active" committer, then they can search the mail
archives.

If someone wants to personally know the changes on
the PMC, then they can look at the past Board
reports or see the svn log for the who.xml page.

For the Guidelines page, the "Unanimous Consensus"
type of approval would be removed and the relevant
actions would become "Consensus Approval".

The term "Active PMC members" seems to cause
confusion about who has a binding vote. It was
intended to just clarify the Unanimous and
2/3 Majority situations, so that we didn't need
to chase people and force them to vote. The word
"Active" would now be removed.

So for the 2/3 Majority situation, the chair can
decide on a case-by-case basis if a quorum has
been reached.

After one week to enable people enough time
to discuss the proposal and rectify any holes,
i will call a vote.

-David