forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Glossary
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 01:41:27 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> How about something like:
> "A markup element that defines a logical "chunk" of data within the
> structural make-up of a page. For example, the navigation menu is one
> such "chunk" of data, whilst the main body is another. Each chunk can be
> given individual styling information at the final output stage. Each
> forrest:hook may contain zero or more forrest:hook children."
> (this is still clumsy but at least it removes implementation specific
> details)

We can refine the definitions. See below.

> >Are short Glossary Entries like this going to be good enough, with links to
> >further references and code examples?
> I think this particular example illustrates pretty well why I think we
> need to avoid code in glossary entries - there really is not enough
> space to deal with all the possible examples.

Yes, i reckon keep them as concise as possible.
Then use the notes column (with short text) to link
to other info).

Gav, just start off with finding some terms that you
think need explaining and add entries with empty
definitions or make an attempt to define them.
Other fellows can help to flesh it out.

Don't make the mistake of waiting until you have
it complete before sending a patch. In that way
others can help.

See also site-author/content/xdocs/TR/2005/WD-forrest10.html
In draft and in need of attention, but has some terms
and some definitions.

View raw message