forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Glossary
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 23:58:50 GMT

I agree, I am still trying to create that line between description and
example though.

> The problem with allowing too much detail in a glossary is that it then
> becomes "just another place" for documentation to go. The more places we
> have for documentation, the more fragmented that documentation becomes.
>
> > It would have been nice to have even an inline or one line code snippet.
>
> I am -0 on allowing code snippets in glossary entries. I would rather
> the effort went into ensuring the main docs were complete and linking to
> them from the glossary.
>
> Others may disagree.

I do agree. I am looking through
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112596689428172&w=2#1 which is
the most upto date complete summary of what is the Dispatcher (still called
Views then).

Trying to describe hooks, the post says :-

forrest:hooks. forrest:hooks is a concept of defining format independent
hooks to structure the output. In xhtml this hooks a transformed into

"<forrest:hook name="testIdDiv"/>
*or*
<forrest:hook name="testIdDiv" type="div"/>
will be transformed into

The same is true for @class attribute for forrest:hooks.
<forrest:hook class="testClassDiv"/>
*or*
<forrest:hook class="testClassDiv" type="div"/>
will be transformed into

Another feature is that you can as well output span elements for
forrest:hooks instead of div elements.
<forrest:hook name="testId" type="span"/>
will be transformed into

If we take out the example code, we are left with :-

"forrest:hooks. forrest:hooks is a concept of defining format independent
hooks to structure the output. In xhtml this hooks a transformed into

The same is true for @class attribute for forrest:hooks.

Another feature is that you can as well output span elements for
forrest:hooks instead of div elements."

My summary would something like :-

"forrest:hooks - A hook is structural markup, it can be a <div> block or an
inline <span>."

Without example code, I can not really say too much more about it.

Are short Glossary Entries like this going to be good enough, with links to
further references and code examples?

Gav...

PS - CDATA does allow for code examples in the Glossary Document, so ignore
my original assumption.