forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Working - RE: Glossary Plugin FOR-755 - was RE: [jira] Updated: (FOR-639) define terminology for the various aspects of Dispatcher
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:22:45 GMT


> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@apache.org]
> Sent: Wednesday, 5 April 2006 11:08 AM
> To: dev@forrest.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Working - RE: Glossary Plugin FOR-755 - was RE: [jira]
> Updated: (FOR-639) define terminology for the various aspects of
> Dispatcher
> 
> Thanks for persiting Gavin. I now have your patch installed
> and getting ready to commit it.
> 
> See below for explanation of the trouble that
> you were having.
> 
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Gav.... wrote:
> > >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: David Crossley
> > > > Sent: Tuesday, 4 April 2006 11:57 AM
> > > > To: dev@forrest.apache.org
> > > > Subject: Re: Working - RE: Glossary Plugin FOR-755 - was RE: [jira]
> > > > Updated: (FOR-639) define terminology for the various aspects of
> > > > Dispatcher
> > > >
> > > > Gav.... wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > I have added back in the catalog.xcat file, containing :-
> > > > >
> > > > > <!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML
> Catalog
> > > > > V1.0//EN"
> > > > > "http://www.oasis-
> open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">
> > > > >
> > > > > <!-- OASIS XML Catalog for Forrest Documents -->
> > > > > <catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
> > > > >          prefer="public">
> > > > >
> > > > >   <public publicId="-//Apache Forrest//DTD Glossary V1.0//EN"
> > > > > 	uri="glossary-v10.dtd"/>
> > > > > </catalog>
> > > > >
> > > > > And removed the .dtd and .mod files from /xdocs/
> > > > >
> > > > > I am now getting different errors,
> > > > >
> > > > > Recursive entity reference "%glossary". (Reference path: %glossary
> ->
> > > > > %glossary -> %glossary),
> > > > >
> > > > > >From a forrest run and similar in an Ant Test failure report.
> > > > >
> > > > > The glossary-v10.dtd has :-
> > > > >
> > > > > <!ENTITY % document PUBLIC
> > > > >     "-//APACHE//ENTITIES Documentation V1.2//EN"
> > > > >     "document-v12.mod">
> > > > > %document;
> > > > >
> > > > > <!--
> =============================================================== -->
> > > > > <!-- Include the Common ISO Character Entity Sets -->
> > > > > <!--
> =============================================================== -->
> > > > >
> > > > > <!ENTITY % common-charents PUBLIC
> > > > >     "-//APACHE//ENTITIES Common Character Entity Sets V1.0//EN"
> > > > >     "common-charents-v10.mod">
> > > > > %common-charents;
> > > > >
> > > > > <!--
> =============================================================== -->
> > > > > <!-- Document Type Definition -->
> > > > > <!--
> =============================================================== -->
> > > > >
> > > > > <!ENTITY % glossary PUBLIC
> > > > >     "-//Apache Forrest//DTD Glossary V1.0//EN"
> > > > >     "glossary-v10.mod">
> > > > > %glossary;
> > > >
> > > > That last part is not correct. It should be
> > > > <!ENTITY % glossary PUBLIC
> > > >      "-//Apache Forrest//ENTITIES Glossary V1.0//EN"
> > > > FIXME:...................^^^^^^^^
> > > >      "glossary-v10.mod">
> > > >  %glossary;
> > >
> > > Ok, changed that, I thought it had to match the rest.
> > >
> > > > Then your catalog.xcat needs to declare that as well.
> > >
> > > Hmm, changing the catalog.xcat to say ENTITIES instead of
> > > DTD does not work for me, this has the effect of the dtd
> >
> > No. You have two resources: the glossary-v10.dtd and glossary-v10.mod
> > They need separate Public Identifiers and separate
> > entries in the catalog.xcat file.
> 
> Sorry, i didn't previously pick up that
> you were missing the second entry.

That's ok, looking at other examples, mostly the .mod info was in the
.dtd file. As this one needs to reference other .dtd files also I see
The need for the .mod file. I thought that the .dtd file referencing the
.mod file itself would have been enough.

> 
> I did that at this end and now it works.
> However, there was another mistake which was
> causing it to look in the plugin for the document-v12.dtd
> 
> See above where you show the original glossary-v10.dtd
> which used the Public Identifier:
> -//APACHE//ENTITIES Documentation V1.2//EN
> That was correct and would have been resolved by
> Forrest core entity resolver. However, then you must
> have later changed it to be:
> -//Apache Forrest//ENTITIES Documentation V1.2//EN
> and so the resolver couldn't find a match.
> Fixed now.

Sorry, don't know why I changed that.

> 
> So now everyone who was listening to this thread should
> know a bit more about the important, yet mysterious,
> Catalog Entity Resolver.

Absolutely, an eye opener for me and now understand it more.

Gav...

> 
> > > And mod files being looked for in xdocs again. I changed
> > > It back to DTD and with the above change it is all
> > > Working again - with another workaround.
> > >
> > > Making the suggested changes alone was not enough for me,
> > > I then had problems with document-v12.dtd and common-charents-v10.dtd
> > > Not being found, I had to copy them into the schema directory.
> >
> > This is a side affect of not configuring the
> > catalog.xcat properly. Due to that it will erroneously
> > try to find the resources relative to the xml doc.
> 
> Actually relative to the resource that declared it.
> 
> -David
> 
> 
> --
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.5/301 - Release Date: 4/04/2006



Mime
View raw message